If you had any doubts about the importance of your local orthopedics doctors in today’s day and age, take a brief moment to peruse some of the eye-popping facts and figures are shown below:
* High school and collegiate athletes account for over two million injuries, 500,000 doctor visits, and 30,000 hospitalizations on an annual basis.
* Musculoskeletal injuries and disorders account for over 14% of the United States’ healthcare spending each year.
* Orthopedic injuries and ailments have required over 130 million ambulance trips in the past year alone.
* Insurance companies dole out upwards of $245 billion to account for musculoskeletal injuries on a yearly basis.
As you might imagine by now, the odds of sustaining a musculoskeletal injury, ailment, or condition are quite high, which is why the onus is on you (as a health-conscious individual) to ascertain the most reputable local orthopedics doctors in Sulphur Springs, TX long before your mobility, dexterity, and pain tolerance reaches a dangerous precipice.
This article will help you do just that.
How Do I Identify the Most Reputable Local Facilities?
As you scour the Internet for the most distinguished orthopedic facilities in your vicinity, you have to ensure that your shortlist is comprised only of organizations that feature a full team of accredited orthopedics doctors and other sports medicine specialists. In this regard, you should be on the lookout for the following endorsements and certifications during your research:
* American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
* American Medical Association
* Texas Medical Association
* American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
You should then ensure that the team of orthopedics doctors in question offers the following services on-site:
* General orthopedic care
* Full assortment of sports medicine services
* Dedicated bone health clinic in-house
* Comprehensive joint replacement services
* Personalized physical therapy
* Procurement of customized braces and supports
Pay Attention to the Organization’s Website
By now, you probably have two or three orthopedic facilities in mind, so you’ll need to whittle down your list further, especially if your primary goal is to establish a long-term relationship with one facility.
Believe it or not, the best way to separate the contenders from the pretenders is to look for an open, honest, and informative website. With this notion in mind, the most renowned orthopedic centers, such as Paris Orthopedic Clinic PA, pride themselves on maintaining easy-to-navigate, instructive web pages that feature the following aspects:
* Easily identifiable office hours
* An online appointment scheduling system
* Patient forms available for download
* A “first visit checklist”
* A personalized patient portal to access your medical records