The acronym “OB GYN” is shorthand for obstetrician gynecologist, and this term refers to highly trained medical professionals who concentrate exclusively on women’s health at all stages of life.
In addition to your regular doctor, you should also create a cohesive relationship with your community OB GYN clinic in Stephenville, TX – this quick write-up will spell out exactly why this decision is so important nowadays.
Seven Vital Reasons to Visit an OB GYN
If you’ve never coordinated a checkup at an OB GYN clinic and simply rely on a standard physician, you should be mindful of the most-cited reasons why women arrange appointments with obstetrician-gynecologists:
- Erratic or abnormal menstruation cycles, particularly those that present unsettling changes in blood flow.
- Comprehensive breast assessments that can help detect and prevent breast cancer. The ascension of breast exams has helped us reduce the rate of breast cancer by almost 35% since the early 1990s.
- Creating an individualized birth control regimen based on your age and sexual habits.
- Correcting irregular occurrences of vaginal discharge or odors, both of which are symptomatic of an infection.
- Resolving pains and aches during sex with holistic solutions as opposed to painkillers.
- Obtaining a clear picture of your overall wellness, including lymph node function, vital signs, heart health, and other essentials.
- Pap smear tests to check your cervix for a myriad of cancers and diseases.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists advises women to create a patient profile with a trusted OB GYN clinic as soon as they turn 13, and engage in annual checkups every year thereafter.
Reserve an Appointment Slot or Swing By For a Walk-In Today
It can be nerve-racking and somewhat awkward to visit an OB GYN clinic, but it’s worth bearing in mind that the best-rated facilities are well known for being able to allay all of your reservations, discomforts, and forebodings prior to the actual examination.
The experts over at Stephenville Medical & Surgical Clinic are on-call and always ready to help with any type of women’s health issue you happen to be tussling with, so feel free to drop by the clinic at your earliest convenience as a walk-in.